One dead and several wounded during a shooting at the Super Bowl parade

The police arrested two suspects, but their names and motives are still unknown.

A shooting at the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl parade left one dead and ten wounded.

The incident occurred at Union Station around 3:30pm, right after the team members, including Travis Kelce and Patrick Mahomes, exited the stage.

The police cleared the station as massive crowds ran away in fear, as gunshots were heard. The parade was expected to attract up to one million people.

The police arrested two suspects, but their names and motives are still unknown.

Several children were among the victims of the shooting, and they were taken to Children’s Mercy Hospital. According to Kansas City Fire, five of the injured were in ‘serious’ condition, three were ‘critical’, and one had minor injuries.

An hour later, another armed individual was spotted in a parking garage between the Westin Hotel and Union Station, according to KC Star reporter Glenn Rice. The police chased the person and trapped them in the garage.

The station was also the scene of chaos, as a man tried to run away from the crowd, but was tackled and subdued by several others. A photo showed a man in a red hoodie being handcuffed, but it was unclear if he was involved in the shooting.

The police evacuated the streets around the station, where a huge crowd had gathered to celebrate the Chiefs’ victory. Fans were seen fleeing the area, some of them jumping over barriers. Some of them were carried away on stretchers.

The police announced that they were letting people out of Union Station 15 minutes after the shooting, but they warned people to stay away from the area.

The live broadcast on KSHB 41 showed the crowd outside Union Station, where the parade ended, dispersing quickly.

The presenters said that the crowd members were telling them to duck and they were heading indoors.

They also said that their crew members heard several loud noises before the crowd started running away from the area near the World War One museum and memorial.

The authorities said that the situation was still ‘fluid’, and the information could change as the investigation continued.

Player Drue Tranquill said on X shortly after the shooting: ‘Please join me in prayer for all the victims in this heinous act. ‘Pray that doctors & first responders would have steady hands & that all would experience full healing.’

Share this news
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments